Welcome to Dr. Roberto Leon's Website
Dear Colleagues, Patients and Friends:
As you likely know, I don’t do Obstetrics (maternity care) or Surgery anymore. Luckily, gynecology has become a non surgical discipline, with the advent of some many new medical treatments.
Cases that I am happy to see include:
- Choosing the correct birth control method, in healthy women and women with diseases (except for tubal ligation).
- Minimally painful IUD insertion.
- Troubleshooting issues related to the IUD (bleeding, strings not seen, etc.).
- Ultrasound guided IUD insertion in high risk cases (for perforation or failure).
- Menopausal counselling and management. Hormone treatment primarily with FDA approved bioidentical (compounding bioidentical in selected cases).
- Sexual dysfunction in women, such as painful intercourse, low libido (testosterone use in selected cases).
- Well woman assessments, preventative gynecology, ultrasound assisted pelvic exams.
- STD diagnosis and management, and other gynecological infections.
- Hormonal issues such as lack or irregular periods, hirsutism, PCO
- Vulvar disorders such as lichen sclerosus, lesions, cysts, tags, pain, infections
- Postmenopausal bleeding (ultrasound and office endometrial sampling)
- Follow up of gynecological cancers
There are some cases that can be managed by medical or surgical options at the outset. I can only see patients if they understand that I will not be able to provide surgical treatment:
- Management of bladder or uterine prolapse with use the pessaries
- Management of urinary incontinence wanting non-surgical treatment
- Menorrhagia and/or fibroids: if patient is interested in medical management with hormones, Mirena, Fibristal and other non-surgical treatments
- Pelvic pain and endometriosis: only for women who do not require surgical management
If I cannot provide the service you require, I will have to send you back to your family physician for a new referral to a different gynecologist. Thank you for your understanding.
Yours sincerely (truly)
Dr Roberto Leon