About Dr. Roberto Leon
Dr Roberto Leon qualified as a Medical Doctor (MD) in 1979, in Asuncion, Paraguay. After a stint in Hospitals in rural South Africa, he then went to specialize in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Cape Town, South Africa. He qualified as a specialist in 1989, and then moved to Canada in 1991.
Initially, Dr Leon did locums in Regina and Fort Mc Murray, and then settled down in Prince George in 1992. He moved to in Kelowna in February 2003.
Dr Leon is a Fellow (a member of the society after passing a specialist's exam) of the:
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (FRCSC),
- College of Obstetrician and Gynecologists of South Africa (FCOG-SA),
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of the United Kingdom (FRCOG).
He also belongs to the following societies:
- Society of Obstetrician and Gynecologists of Canada,
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists,
- North America Menopause Society.
Although Dr. Leon's main practice location is Kelowna, BC, he is part of a British Columbia program called NITAOP (Northern & Isolation Travel Assistance Outreach Program), and therefore visits Merritt several times a year. Appointments for Merritt will be arranged by the Kelowna office.